#2175 Fandoc New Line

SlimerDude Thu 1 Aug 2013

Something I miss, time and time again, is not being able to force a new line in Fandocs. Would it be possible to use, say, a double space or a back-slash at the end of a line to indicate a hard line break?

brian Fri 2 Aug 2013

List a forced newline in just a normal paragraph? Wouldn't you typically be using a code block for that? Does markdown support such a thing?

andy Fri 2 Aug 2013

Yes Markdown supports this by using a double-space at the end of the line. The reason we left it out - is because it reaks havoc in editors which have been configured to trim trailing whitespace.

But I frequently miss this feature - so it would be nice to find a syntax that works. I sorta like the backslash idea:

This is one line\
This will be on the next

SlimerDude Tue 7 Feb 2017

I quite like the double space if only because it's easier to switch between fandoc and markdown - and it looks nicer in the raw text!

double-space wreaks havoc in editors which have been configured to trim trailing whitespace

Perhaps those who want to use the double space feature can configure their text editors? At worst it means they're no better off than we all are now.

Login or Signup to reply.