#2567 ERROR: cannot load SWT library;

JohnNuccio Fri 7 Oct 2016

ERROR: cannot load SWT library; see http://fantom.org/doc/docTools/Setup.html#swt

sys::Err: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/swt/events/KeyListener: cannot load SWT library; see http://fantom.org/doc/docTools/Setup.html#swt

fan.sys.FanClassLoader.findClass (FanClassLoader.java:118)
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (Unknown)
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (Unknown)
fwt::Widget.<init> (Widget.fan:27)
fwt::Pane.<init> (Pane.fan:20)
fwt::ContentPane.<init> (ContentPane.fan:17)
fwt::Window.<init> (Window.fan:17)
fwt::Window.make (Window.fan:139)
UITest::FwtHello.main (HelloWorld.fan:24)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Unknown)
fan.sys.Method.invoke (Method.java:559)
fan.sys.Method$MethodFunc.callOn (Method.java:230)
fan.sys.Method.callOn (Method.java:139)
fanx.tools.Fan.callMain (Fan.java:185)
fanx.tools.Fan.executeType (Fan.java:147)
fanx.tools.Fan.execute (Fan.java:41)
fanx.tools.Fan.run (Fan.java:308)
fanx.tools.Fan.main (Fan.java:346)

I am not sure why I am experiencing this error. As I have the SWT properly installed and it was working fine before.

JohnNuccio Fri 7 Oct 2016

I reinstalled the F4 IDE and everything works fine now. Still unsure what I did to create this issue in the first place.

SlimerDude Fri 7 Oct 2016

It sounds like it couldn't find the swt.jar usually located under %FAN_HOME%/lib/java/ext/<platform>/ - but as to why it would disappear from your environment I don't know.

JohnNuccio Tue 11 Oct 2016

I believe there is an Error with the IDE. It seems to always throw this Error if you don't use the embedded Library.

SlimerDude Tue 11 Oct 2016

I'd be very surprised if that's the case - for I rarely use the embedded Library and have never suffered any problems.

What library are you using? How is it set up? And what system are you running? (mac / linux / win? 32 / 64? bit)

SlimerDude Tue 11 Oct 2016

edit: deleted duplicate posting.

JohnNuccio Tue 11 Oct 2016

I added a win 64 SWT file and reloaded all my pods and that seemed to have fixed everything. Not quite sure what happened before, but everything seems to be working now.

Login or Signup to reply.