#2062 BuildPod: special configuration for test dirs

bedla Thu 15 Nov 2012

Hi, I have suggerstion to improve readability of BuildPod classes. I would like to have special testDirs (like Apache Maven has) where I will configure dirs with test. Currently I have to configure test dirs inside srcDirs. I think that this will be more readable and better processable inside custom builds. What do you think? Ivos

brian Thu 15 Nov 2012

You are suggesting to move test directories out of srcDirs and into new field called testDirs? The only advantage I see in that is that would allow us to add metadata to the pod file to say which files were test code, which could then be used by tools to strip out the test code (either for JS or deployment to embedded devices). But would be interested in other feedback.

andy Thu 15 Nov 2012

I'd be ok with this change.

bedla Thu 15 Nov 2012

... which files were test code, which could then be used by tools to strip out the test code ...

Yes, this is the feature I like at Maven ;-)

Akcelisto Thu 15 Nov 2012

used by tools to strip out the test code

this tool can strip out by dir name

tcolar Thu 15 Nov 2012

The only advantage I see in that is that would allow us to add metadata to the pod file to say which files were test code

I'd also like that to be able to tell doc generator not to create documentation for test classes, that's just noise ;)

@NoDoc works but that's kinda tedious to put on every little test class

@Akcelisto pods don't have that path info IIRC.

Login or Signup to reply.